Project 1 – Logo Design Concept

The main goal for the first project is to create a personal logo. The next step, after reading references and completing exercises in Adobe Illustrator CC, is to think and sketch the design idea for the logo. The sketch could be completed using various apps or as simple as a piece of paper. For me, drawing was always using pencils, markers, and paint, so all my sketches were made on some kind of paper.

First, my sketches were drawn using a pencil. I started with writing my name and initials in different forms. Then I continued with developing my ideas. I tried to use some of the getslt laws such as closure, symmetry, figure and ground relationship.  There are three ideas on the following two images: initials enclosed in a circle, initials created by handwriting (lettering/calligraphy), and a combination of initials written in large letters and full name in small font.

Logo_idea_1

logo_sketch_2

Then I drew some sketches using Sharpie with a chisel tip. The only problem I got with this marker was that it started bleeding through my sketch book’s paper, and I decided to continue drawing on cardboard and graph paper from my notebook. I also experimented with other ideas. The result is represented in the following photos.

The idea in the last picture will probably be used for my future logo.