Not-So-Live Blog

Hi guys!

So a little bummed I missed out on the live blogging party, I had water polo practice from 8:30 to 10:15 so the timing didn’t work out too well. I did, however, manage to catch Ryan’s closing argument if that counts for anything. I also found a segment of the first 11 minutes, and read an article from CBS news. Here it is…

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-57531028/fireworks-fly-at-vice-presidential-debate/?pageNum=2&tag=page

So while I’m a little lost still, I’m making an effort to catch back up. Here are my thoughts from what I understand about the debate from the different sources.

First of all, was Ryan an actor ever? Serious question. That last closing argument looked like he had sat in front of a mirror and practiced it 100 times over. Was he like that the whole time? It reminded me of when we watched President Reagan’s speech about the Challenger disaster. We discussed how it was almost too rehearsed, which actually detracted from his ethos. I felt the same way with Ryan. It was almost laughable how well he knew it. It made me slightly uncomfortable, and it was hard to take him seriously. I don’t know if Biden’s was the same way, it easily could have been, but I don’t think that it was effective in any way.

Another thing I gathered was that Biden did bring up Romney’s 47%. I was glad to hear that, I’m not sure why Obama didn’t bring it up, there could be lots of different reasons, but I think it was something that needed to be addressed. Not just because of the issues involved with the statistic itself, but because so many Americans heard about it and were emotionally affected by it. Take it from a girl who doesn’t do politics, even I heard about it (and not just from class either). It was a hug deal for the American public, and something that needed to be spoken about. I also found it interesting that Ryan said “sometimes words don’t come out the right way.” He clearly had no excuse for Romney. And was it a mistake? Or was it only a mistake after it was leaked onto the internet?

Who wins? Unfortunately, I have no idea. I did, however, think that the parts I saw were interesting, and am surprised to say I would have liked to have seen more.

This entry was posted in RCL and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

4 Responses to Not-So-Live Blog

1. I together with my pals were taking note of the great secrets and techniques on the website then suddenly I got a terrible suspicion I never expressed respect to you for them. The boys were definitely certainly stimulated to study all of them and now have pretty much been using them. Many thanks for turning out to be considerably accommodating and also for considering this form of quality areas most people are really needing to discover. Our own honest regret for not saying thanks to you earlier.

2. Read This says:

I do accept as true with all the concepts you’ve introduced on your post. They’re really convincing and can definitely work. Still, the posts are very quick for starters. Could you please extend them a little from next time? Thanks for the post.

3. Michelle Bingert says:

I also especially noticed Ryan’s closing remarks in the debate. I was watching it thinking about how over rehearsed it seemed. It seemed so rehearsed that it didn’t even seem genuine at all. It felt more like a promotion or something.