Blog Post – Week of 12/4/23

Hello Everyone!

Welcome back to my blog. So glad you all could make it. If it is your first time here, no worries, you can read all about my blog in my first blog post here. A little life update from me: all of my classes have been finishing up as the semester is ending. Now, all that is left for me here at State College is to study up for finals and take them. I luckily only have three final exams across my six classes so I can’t wait to finish them up and go home. I miss Pittsburgh and my family. I am also very excited to see all of my friends from home that go to college all over the country. This is probably going to be my last blog post for a while so let’s jump in to the exercise of the week.

The exercise of the week is: Preacher Curls!

How To Do EZ Bar Preacher Curl | Benefits And Muscles Worked

The preacher curl stands out as a focused bicep workout, emphasizing the development of the brachialis and brachioradialis muscles to achieve arms that are well-defined and sculpted. Typically executed on a preacher curl bench using a barbell or dumbbells, the exercise involves key steps. First, adjust the bench for optimal comfort, ensuring your upper arms rest against the angled pad while positioning your chest against it. Grasp the barbell or dumbbells with an underhand grip, slightly wider than shoulder-width apart, and curl the weight towards your shoulders while keeping your upper arms firmly against the pad. The peak contraction at the top and controlled lowering phase maximize bicep engagement. This targeted approach, isolating the biceps and minimizing the use of momentum, is effective for muscle growth. Commonly integrated into bicep-focused routines, maintaining proper form remains essential for safety and optimal results during preacher curls. Click here for a video.

Thank you everyone for reading and see you next week!

Stay Strong

mau5164