TESOL Blogs

As part of my coursework in the online TESOL Certificate Program, I published a blog for each of the four courses I took. The following blogs, listed in the order in which I created them, reveal my thoughts on a variety of theoretical and practical issues:

• Blog for Applied Linguistics 804 – Focus on Learners: Identity, Community and Language Learning.
    • “Explores how individual identities shaped by cultural differences, social positioning, institutional roles and structures influence English language learning and teaching.”
  • Blog for Applied Linguistics 806 – Focus on Classrooms: Planning and Supporting Language Learning.
    • “Develops a critical awareness of one’s teaching practice and highlights instructional planning and classroom interactions with adult English language learners.”
  • Blog for Applied Linguistics 802 – Focus on English: Teaching Form, Meaning and Use.
    • “Develops an understanding of the various domains of the English language as relevant for adult English language learning and teaching.”
  • Blog for Applied Linguistics 808 – Focus on Instruction: Teaching and Assessing Language Learning.
    • “Develops an understanding of and ability to use effective teaching and assessment practices that support adult English language learning.”