LEMA is a computer lab devoted to research in the behavioral sciences. Use of the lab must conform to all LEMA criteria:
- Lab use is primarily for the purpose of conducting research (classroom use is not permitted except with special permission).
- Research is conducted by a Penn State faculty or a student working under the supervision of a Penn State faculty. Researchers outside of Penn State seeking access to the lab need to request special permission from the lab director. For more information on obtaining access please click here.
- The research has been granted a valid status for use of human subjects by Penn State or another IRB.
- Subjects are paid money based on their actions (not just a flat fee for participation).
- There is no deception involved in the experiment.
- Researchers have a Penn State User ID (visitors can obtain temporary login credentials).