How to Speed up your Android Phone

By Ryan Johnson

Is your Android Phone running a little slow? Try these steps to increase your speed:

Clean up your Storage Spaces: Most Android devices have two different storage spaces: your internal space (where apps are stored) and your SD card (where your music, photos, and many of your apps’ settings are stored). The SD card is easy to clean up–just delete any music, photos, and videos you don’t need. I have setup Dropbox to automatically upload my photos and videos to the cloud so they don’t take up space on my phone. Also, If you see any folders that look like settings for apps you’ve removed, you can delete those too.

The easiest thing to do to clean up your internal storage is to uninstall unnecessary apps that you don’t use anymore or games you no longer play. If this is not an option, you can try moving them to your SD card instead. This will free up that internal space and speed up your phone, but still keep all your apps close at hand. To do this, just head to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications. Select an app, and tap the “Move to SD Card” button to move it. Some apps won’t have this ability, but you should find that lots of your space-hogging apps have no problem living on your SD card.

move to sd card screenshot on phone
Give Your Battery a Boost: Another thing you can do to help your battery life is to go through your settings and make some adjustments. Make sure to keep the brightness down on your screen and make sure Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are off when not in use. I personally use the Power Control Widget to monitor all of this.