‘When I was at Penn State …’

“When I was at Penn State … ,” a Penn State University Archives exhibit, is on display through Jan. 13 in Robb Hall, Hintz Alumni Center.

Whenever two or more Penn Staters gather together, the listener will hear “When I was at Penn State … ,” always followed by a story depicting some aspect of student life. Whether the narrator is describing classes, socials, clubs, activities, friends or sporting events, every Penn Stater has a memory that brings a smile to their face and a twinkle to their eye. This exhibit of photographs from the Penn State University Archives attempts to capture some of those momentous occasions. Among the scrapbooked images, the exhibit features dinks, Lion’s coats, songs, mascots, scraps including pushball and tug-of-war, dances, bonfires, tailgating, class registration, moving in, guarding the shrine, May Day queens, Spring Week flings, student rules, freshman proclamations, military drills and more.

Visit this exhibit and bring your memories of the days when you were at Penn State. Story on Penn State News