Over the next 24 months, the Libraries’ website will migrate from Adobe CQ CMS to Drupal. A team has been formed to guide this transition, sponsored by Dace Freivalds, head of the Department for Information Technologies and Lisa German, associate dean for Collections Information and Access Services. The Web Implementation and Management Team (WIMT), headed by Binky Lush, will work closely with I-Tech to evaluate and plan site functionality, prioritize phases of migration and develop a strategic vision for the Library’s web presence.
WIMT is made up of team members from across the Libraries, who will represent the following areas:
- Content Strategy
- Teaching and Learning
The team will define guidelines for the new website to ensure that it supports and facilitates an engaging user experience. These guidelines will include:
- User-centered, integrated interfaces for fast and easy information retrieval
- Structured websites with minimum clicks for user-desired tasks
- Information content and services packaged to meet user needs
- Information seeking as the central focus of website design
- Integration of more user-centered resources into web design
- Structured website and tools for better integration with other information
- Compliance with current information standards and conventions for web design
- Content that interoperates with University Systems
- Ongoing browser compatibility
Upon completion of the Drupal implementation, WIMT will continue to coordinate all web project proposals and formulate policies related to the web. In the coming weeks, regular updates from the WIMT will be posted in the Library News blog.
For more information, contact the team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WIMT members: Binky Lush, Linda Klimczyk, Helen Smith, Chuck Jones, Lana Munip, Dawn Amsberry, Charlie Morris, Alex Brown, Bonnie Imler, Amy Rustic