- Dean’s News
- Penn State News highlights CIC membership benefits
- WIMT Update: A/B testing on the homepage
- Hello, how may I help you?
- April Events
- Undergraduate scholarship application due May 1
- Data Learning Center offers one-on-one help with statistics, geospatial research
- Panel to discuss insects as a human food source
- National Library Workers Day: Submit a STAR!
- National Library Week 2015 Celebrations
- The University Libraries’ Job Enrichment Program
- Have a recycling question?
- First Ever Teaching and Learning Baseline Assessment Survey
- Leadership Attainment by Asian Americans Academic Librarians: Challenges and Development
- Automatically Ignore Annoying Callers with Android Contact Settings
- LHR News
- Zabel to receive President’s Award for Engagement with Students
- Interlibrary Loan Link in a CAT Record Improved
By Barbara I. Dewey, dean, University Libraries and Scholarly Communications
Thanks everyone for your participation in the AD search which is ongoing. We are also hosting Dr. Jon E. Cawthorne, dean of Libraries, West Virginia University, who will be speaking at my Dean’s Forum on April 21, at 1:30 p.m., in Foster Auditorium (and on MediaSite Live). The title of his talk is “Beyond Our Walls: The 21st Century West Virginia University Libraries.” He has been at WVU for about one year. During his visit to Penn State he will have meetings with library administrators, Libraries’ strategic planning groups, resident librarians and representatives from the Diversity Committee.
Two of our outstanding librarians received or will be receiving university-wide awards. Dawn Amsberry, associate librarian, Library Learning Services, received the Faculty Diversity Recognition Award given at the 24th Annual Diversity Recognition Event sponsored by the Multicultural Resource Center and the Penn State Alumni Association. Diane Zabel, Louis and Virginia Benzak Librarian and head, Schreyer Business Library, is receiving The President’s Award for Engagement with Students at this week’s 2015 Faculty/Staff Award luncheon. Congratulations to Diane and Dawn.
Speaking of awards – Save the Date for the Libraries Award Reception on May 15, 2:30-3:30 p.m., in Foster (award ceremony) and Mann (reception).
A recent article on Penn State News highlights the efficiencies that have resulted from our institution’s involvement in the Committee on Institutional Cooperation (CIC). In the article, Dean Barbara I. Dewey talks about the cost-savings that have resulted from this collaboration. Read the full story here.