The LibGuides Expert team is happy to announce that the LibGuides online training is live! You will need to complete this training before getting a LibGuides account. Once you finish the training you will need to ask your supervisor to request an account through I-Tech’s Account Request System found on their homepage.
Optional in-person hands on workshops are scheduled at University Park for June 24 and July 7, at 10am and 2pm. They will be held in Pattee W140, the lab in the Media Commons. Each workshop will be the same, so you only need to attend one (though we recommend that folks who are not going to ALA attend a June 24 workshop if possible). Workshop dates for the Western and Eastern campuses will be announced very soon! Workshop attendees will be expected to have already completed the online training, have a LibGuides account, and be ready to work on an actual guide.
We understand that the Guides migration is a huge task, and units across the libraries will approach this process differently. To make certain this process goes smoothly, we have assigned an Expert Team liaison to each unit. They will be in contact throughout the process.
- SciTech – Helen Smith (email@example.com)
- Research Hub – Steven Woods (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Arts and Humanities – Sarah Pickle (email@example.com)
- Arts and Architecture – Sarah Pickle (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Publishing and Curation Services – Sarah Pickle (email@example.com)
- News and Microforms – Vicki Brightbill (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Special Collections – Vicki Brightbill (email@example.com)
- Western Campuses – Amy Rustic (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Eastern Campuses – Bonnie Imler (email@example.com)
If your unit is not represented, please contact Amanda Clossen (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Although you can always contact the LibGuides Expert Team directly, we encourage you to contact your liaison with any questions you might have about the transition.