By Ryan Johnson, technology training coordinator
Did you know you don’t have to use a browser on your iPhone/iPad to check your UCS email and Calendar? You can setup your email app on your iOS device to load automatically. This can be an easy way to check your email while away from your work machine and avoid having to use 2FA.
To configure your email and calendar app on your IOS device for UCS, following the instructions below:
1. Click on the Settings icon
2. Select Mail, Contacts, Calendars
5. Next you will need to enter your account information:
Note: the order of the next few steps will depend on your device and what version of IOS you are running. The settings remain the same.
• Email: email@example.com
• Domain: ucs.psu.edu
• Username: Enter your Penn State Access Account user ID “xyz5000” not “firstname.lastname@example.org”
• Password: This is your Penn State Access Account Password
• Description: Enter in a name of this account (for example, “UCS e-mail”)
6. Click “Next”
7. Enter the Server information
• Server: ucs.psu.edu
8. Click “Next”
9. Select which options you want included with this account on your iOS device
10. Click “Save”
11. Click on the account you just created (for our example, we called this account “UCS e-mail”) under the heading “Accounts”
12. Click on “Accounts”
13. Confirm that the slider is turned on for the “Use SSL” feature
Save your settings and then allow a few minutes to have your information update.