Barbara Dewey, dean of University Libraries and Scholarly Communications, sent out an email recently announcing an upcoming undergraduate student survey of the University Libraries administered by Ithaka S+R. Here are the details:
- The survey will run from April 4–24.
- The sample includes undergraduate students from all locations, including World Campus. At some campuses, the entire undergraduate population will be invited to participate. (These include Beaver, Brandywine, Dubois, Fayette, Greater Allegheny, Hazleton, Lehigh Valley, Mont Alto, New Kensington, Schuylkill, Shenango, Wilkes Barre, Worthington Scranton, York.)
- The survey will cover the following areas:
- 1) students’ goals (why they are pursuing their current program)
2) discovery practices and use of materials for academics, research, and/or coursework
3) their perceptions of the changing role and value of the campus library
4) library spaces (World Campus students will not receive this section of the survey)
5) interest in and opportunities for conducting or contributing to original research.