Dean’s News: April 25

by Barbara I. Dewey, dean, University Libraries and Scholarly Communications

I had the great pleasure of attending the Penn State retirees luncheon hosted by President Barron last week. Although not all attended I note that there were 10 staff retirees eligible to attend and all together they represent 230 years of service to Penn State and Penn State Libraries. Their work is greatly appreciated.

I hope some you could attend the many events great events surrounding Blue/White weekend. The Library Development Board met on April 15 and greatly enjoyed their time in the Pattee-Paterno Library complex. Thanks to all who helped with logistics, presented, or otherwise made our guests feel very welcome. Soon we should have additional information about the next Penn State fundraising campaign and the Libraries’ part in it.

A number of librarians and staff joined me for the Commission on Women Annual Awards Banquet recently. We are very proud of Sherry Lonsdale, I-Tech Database Specialist, who will be part of the Commission leadership team serving this coming year as co-chair elect, and also of Jackie Esposito, who was recognized at the event for being nominated for the Rosemary Schraer Mentoring award.