The University Libraries’ annual awards ceremony, announced along with the 2016 award winners, was held on Tuesday afternoon, May 24, in Foster Auditorium. Honored were this year’s recipients:
- Margaret Knoll Spangler Oliver Award: Martha Ney, Administrative Support Coordinator, Dean’s Administrative Office, University Park
- University Libraries Award: John Meier, Science Librarian, Physical & Mathematical Sciences, University Park
- University Libraries Teaching Award: Nancy E. Adams, Associate Director and Coordinator of Education and Instruction at the Harrell Health Sciences Library, Hershey
- University Libraries Diversity Award: Binh Le, Reference Librarian, Abington College Library, Administrative Fellow to the Executive Vice President and Provost
- Shirley J. Davis Staff Excellence Award: K. Wilson Hutton, Visual Communications Specialist, Public Relations and Marketing, University Park
Dean Barbara I. Dewey expressed her thanks to the members of the award committee, chaired by Joe Fennewald, for their time and effort in making these challenging decisions among many deserving individuals nominated. Committee members also included Dawn Amsberry, Linda Friend, Megan MacGregor, Glenn Masuchika, Manuel Ostos, and Lauren Reiter.
More information about the University Libraries Awards is available on the staff site.