The website migration team is nearing the release of the first two new Library webpages, Wilkes-Barre and Life Sciences. The preview for Life Sciences can be viewed here: https://drupalauth.libraries.psu.edu/lifesciences.
In an effort to simplify the website for users and to represent ourselves as one library geographically dispersed, library location pages will have information which is site specific. All the universal resources of the libraries will be centralized under Services, Research and About.
The new library pages will contain:
- Your Librarian: includes a list of the librarians in your library with a link to “see all staff,” which goes to the full directory for each library.
- Study at the Libraries: includes a link to a page where we have detailed information on rooms and spaces; scan, copy and print; textbooks and reserves; and equipment to borrow.
- Library Guides: each library may choose the guides they would like to feature.
- Information: this information is dynamic, coming right out of LDAP. Please review for accuracy and let us know if any information needs to be updated.
- Events: this area is for very simple event information, and is a stop-gap measure until CollegeNet is in place and we can pull calendar information from that system.
- About: short blurb about your library
- More information: special links to library-specific information
- Social Media: individual library social media. If your library does not have an individual account, we will use the general libraries Facebook, Twitter or Instagram accounts.
- Collections: links to featured collections for your library
As soon as each Library’s content is complete and has been approved, the webpages can go live. We don’t have to wait for all Libraries to be finished – they can go live individually.
We’d love your feedback! Please contact me at email@example.com or 570-675-9261
Megan Mac Gregor