IRC, Records Management see reporting line changes

I’m pleased to report that, effective July 1, Records Management Officer Nathan Troup is reporting to me, and the Inactive Records Center (IRC) team will report to him, to further streamline operations of University records handling.

During his first year in a new role at Penn State, Nathan has done an excellent job guiding many units at Penn State to meet or exceed certified regulatory and governance standards in records management, while upholding the Libraries’ existing archival records excellence and best practices.

During the same timeframe, the IRC transitioned to my oversight. In the last year, the IRC team — Karen Pipta and Jamie Hahn and previously also Ken Basalla — have demonstrated the utmost sensitivity and customer service excellence in handling inactive records across University Park.

Nathan and IRC’s complementary achievements have made it possible for the Libraries to move forward and merge their efforts.

Many thanks to them for their great work; I look forward to supporting their combined functions in advancing Penn State’s records management best practices.

– submitted by Kimlyn Patishnock, senior director of administrative and financial services