Tech Tip: Web Access and 2FA – “Software is out of Date notification” – please dismiss or skip

By: Ryan Johnson

The message you see below should be dismissed or skipped when logging into WebAccess and 2FA.

Enterprise IT recently updated the 2FA screen to include such enhancements including a “Remember my Device” feature.  It also included a prompt if your web browser, operating system(Windows or Mac) or other software is out-of-date.

I-Tech pushes out all updates to your machines (including browsers) after thorough testing.  These updates are sent to your machines periodically during non-working hours.  Browsers such as Firefox and Chrome update sometimes 3-4 times a month, which doesn’t allow the latest version to be on your machine after testing in most cases.  However, if a critical security update is required, I-Tech will push it out immediately to your machine.

To receive these and other updates, please remember to sign out (log off) of your machine every day, please don’t lock or power-down your machine.

"Authentification Requited" screen shot for tech tip