The deadline for applications for the University Libraries’ scholarships is Friday, April 28. In addition to scholarships geared towards those who have an interest in library science, the University Libraries’ scholarships provide financial assistance to undergraduates who have a demonstrated financial need.
The first criteria for both the Cynthia M. Joyce Trustee Scholarship and the Mayo-Alessandri-Esther Family Undergraduate Scholarship in the University Libraries are for students with demonstrated financial need. The Mayo-Alessandri-Esther Family Undergraduate Scholarship then prioritizes for students who have been placed in foster care.
For detailed information about each scholarship and the criteria, please visit https://libraries.psu.edu/scholarship-opportunities.
Awards start at $500. Most scholarships are renewable for the next academic year if the student continues to meet the eligibility requirements. Students may apply for more than one scholarship at the same time.
- All applicants must have a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on file with the Office of Student Aid.
- All submissions require the completion of an online application form and a letter of application from the student plus one letter of recommendation.
- All applications and letters of recommendation must be submitted no later than the last day of classes for the spring semester, Friday April 28, 2017.
- Complete the online application form
- NOTE: You will be asked to paste your letter of application into this form, and to provide the name of the person writing your letter of recommendation.
- Letters of recommendation should be emailed to Wendi Keeler (firstname.lastname@example.org) or sent to:
Dean of University Libraries and Scholarly Communications
The Pennsylvania State University
510 Paterno Library
University Park, PA 16802
For more information, contact Wendi Keeler at email@example.com.