Happy Chinese New Year!

Last Thursday was Chinese New Year. You might find that any Chinese student couldn’t put away their cellphones at that day. That was the reason. Thursday was still a workday for us. But our family and friends in China were off to celebrate. When I was rushing to class, my family was having a big dinner, which did make me feel lost. This was my first Chinese New Year without my family.

However, we still celebrated it! This Saturday my roommate and I cooked and invited our friends. My roommate made spaghetti salad and s’ more. I made scrambled egg with tomatoes, Ma Po bean curd, teriyaki salmon and soup, all of which were Chinese food. We invited some Chinese as well as Korean because we all celebrated this festival. One of my Chinese friends brought dumpling, which was what we must eat in Chinese New Year. I really enjoyed our dinner.

Although there is an ocean between America and my hometown, I can still find some ways to relate me to China. And I feel so lucky because I can use kitchen in my resident hall—Beaver Hall. I don’t think other halls have kitchen like us.