Recovery

We are in Sydney!!!!

We traveled a boring 8 hour train ride from Wagga Wagga to Sydney on Saturday. It was sad to leave Wagga though, I really liked my host family and had a fun and relaxing time with them. My host sister was so cool, she was our age and took us out to some pubs. I am going to miss them!

We got to Sydney at night, put all of our overweight bags in our rooms at the youth hostel, and went out to a bar right next door. It was so much fun, and we knew it would be great because we walked into Beyonce playing.

I had the best night so far here. I just really let loose and danced and didn’t take my smile off of my face. I got on top of a table and danced next to the DJ stand and everyone on the dance floor turned to me and started fist pumping at me and cheering me on; it was hilarious. After about a minute of the limelight I was approached by a security guard and all he did was give me a look, laugh, and pick me up. I was lucky because apparently they kick people out who do that!

All of us girls just had a flock of guys around us and we did not even bother with them, we were all happy with eachother and had a blast. I really am going to miss these people when we leave. I really could say this trip has made me lasting friendships, even with my professors. We are talked about it today how much we love them and don’t want to separate! (I’m not just saying that for a good grade it’s true!)

This morning was not the best though. I woke up, turned over, and felt a puddle of wetness…I peed my bed. I said to everyone in the room, “uhm guys, I think I peed my bed…[silence] Well actually I did pee my bed.” Everyone just laughed and couldn’t believe it. It wasn’t a surprise to me. This is my 7th accident since I have been in college (I’m a sophomore).I have been a chronic bed wetter and knew it was bound to happen sometime after a night out in Australia. It’s safe to say I left my mark in the youth hostel! I use to be embarrassed about my bed wetting when I was little because I wore pull-ups and was sober, but now I’ve embraced it. The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem. My mom even bought me a water proof mattress pad this year in college!

We had to eat breakfast at 8:30 am, but I couldn’t even look at food. I just felt like a tractor trailer ran me over. After basically crawling back up to my room and into the shower, we went to the beach and relaxed. I nursed an Australian hangover until 8pm…it really lasted all day.

We then went to the Sydney Harbor and viewed the Opera House when the sun was setting and it was beautiful! I am finally feeling better and decided to go to bed early tonight after I switch mattresses with an empty bed.