About Me

Gabby Pagana

aboutmepic

Hello world my name is Gabby Pagana! I am a sophomore at The Pennsylvania State University studying Animal Sciences. For the spring semester I am traveling abroad in Australia for 5 weeks in a program for Animal Science students at Penn State.

I have always had a love for medicine and animals so I have decided that I want to be a veterinarian. I am involved in many clubs and activities to help me get to my ultimate goal of vet school. I am the social chair for the Poultry Science club, a member of the Pre-Vet club, and an Undergraduate Research Technician in the Animal Science Department working with solely with poultry. I am also a goalie and Director of Alumni Relations for the Penn State Field Hockey Club Team. Although it does not pertain to animals it is something that I love and have been playing since I was 10 years old.

Penn State is my life, but I also love to spend time at home. I enjoy spending time with family, friends and my animals. Every chance I get, I go to my internship at a local veterinarian to learn the ropes to further my experiences with an animal doctor. I am a “mother” to 5 animals. I own two cats, Peaches and Petie, who have exceeded their 9 lives at ages 18 and 14 years old. My three dogs rule the house. Andi is an 8 year old Cock-a-poo, Tank is a 3 year old Olde English Bulldog, and Stella is a 2 year old English Bulldog.

After my 5 week excursion, I will be interning at the Lehigh Valley Zoo as an Conservation Education Intern from February 18 until the beginning of June. The zoo is in Schnecksville, Pennsylvania which is a little bit of a drive for me from home and from school so I will just be racking up the miles! I will still be involved at Penn State in my clubs and working in the laboratory. Recently, I was accepted to head a research project called “Scale Up: Pipe Ventilation in Poultry Houses”. This project includes a model project named “Model: Pipe Ventilation in Poultry Houses”. The model will start in the spring time when I come back from Australia involving a small 1 X 10 foot house, broiler chicks, and insertable pipes. The scale up project will start once the model is a success, most likely in the summer time when the weather is the hottest. I am extremely excited to be running this project to benefit bird health and comfort from gases and heat stress.

3 thoughts on “About Me

1. Youur hunting dog can determine the difference between a good dday oof hunting and
    a terrible day. If you are not determined
    enough to continue the training, doo you think you will bee able to correct the occasional mistakes.

The dog wiol look calmer and more submissive after walking.

2. With this device, it will not matter which room of the house you are in, you will definitely hear the door bell the first time your visitor presses on it.
    It’s easy to tell some apps were rushed out the door in order to arrive
    on day one. Here is a list of some of its advantages and disadvantages:.