The New Way of Napping

Do you ever just feel so exhausted that you want to just collapse to the floor and just sleep? Well, to sum it up, that is basically the life of your typical college student. Unfortunately, there are times when you can’t find that perfect, comfortable space to just nap especially when your dorm room seems miles away. All you want is a soft, fluffy pillow that will enable you to just curl up into a ball and sleep all your stress away. Especially for those lengthy and tiring car and bus rides, train and subway trips, and flights, you want a little comfort and luxury for your head so you won’t have to be leaning against the cold, hard window. Now you no longer have to worry about little problems like these because that’s basically the purpose of the Ostrich Pillow Light. And no, it doesn’t look anything like an ostrich. It’s just a pillow, a weird looking one, but yes, it is a pillow.

OSTRICH-PILLOW-LIGHT_STUDIO-BANANA-THINGS_002

The Ostrich Pillow Light is the new pillow for those power naps you need in between classes. It is made of silicon-coated micro-beads that are stuffed into soft fabric that is comfortable to fit around the head. There is also an adjustable elastic ring so don’t worry, regardless of your head size, it will fit on just about anyone regardless if you have a head the size of a chicken egg or the size of a dinosaur egg. The new Ostrich Pillow Light is convenient and travel-friendly, and it can be tied to your bag or even worn as a fashionable scarf (even though I have no idea why you would want to do that). The pillow covers the eyes and ears to enable that no light and sounds will disturb the sleeper.

And ready for the best part? It is actually affordable to the typical college student and won’t leave a dent in your savings account unlike that college tuition. It is currently being sold for $44 and comes in both blue and red. And fortunately, it looks a little more attractive than the original Ostrich Pillow, which honestly just looks like an astronaut helmet. So instead of looking like you’re headed off to outer space, it just looks like your making a weird fashion statement.

OSTRICH-PILLOW_Studio-Banana-THiNGS_kawamura-ganjavian_02

These never-before-seen pillows may be able to invent a whole new way of sleeping that will allow you to sleep comfortably even against a cold window or the hard wall. You will also be able to block out noise and light at the same time to make sure you get those extra zzz’s you need for a long night of cramming, blog writing, and essay editing. This will be the new “portable napper” for those much-needed shut-eye between classes. Especially for all you sleepyheads who love taking naps and not actually sleeping at night, this is the perfect contraption for you.

http://www.gizmag.com/ostrich-pillow-light/29390

http://www.ostrichpillow.com/

7 thoughts on “The New Way of Napping

1. These pillows are a really good idea. I personally have a hard time sleeping when I am not comfortably in my own bed at home or in my dorm, so this type of pillow might help. Unfortunately, they are pretty weird looking, but it is still an interesting idea.

2. I want one so bad! I had no idea something like this existed in our world haha. This may be the most applicable posts for college students that I have ever read, considering how many of us rely on naps just to stay functional. I personally think it would be kind of cool to get the old one, being an astronaut sounds like a blast. Well I can’t wait to hear what you come up with next week.

3. Troll. I’m so getting this thing and humiliating myself. Actually, cut that. This is going to my Halloween costume. The sleep deprived college student who hasn’t showered in 12 days.

4. These are pretty strange looking, but they look like they would work. It looks super useful for plane and car rides. I love all the really cool inventions you find, because I have no idea about any of this stuff and it is so interesting. Great post, it was really interesting!

5. As strange as these pillows look, and I would actually consider buying one to use in long car rides. I’m not sure I would feel comfortable putting this on my head and taking a nap in the HUB right now, but it will be interesting to see if these pillows become a trend that make seeing that more normal.

6. I really want to buy one of these now!! But (like Emily said) I think I would probably be too embarrassed to wear it while out in public…I’d probably only use it at home 😛 If this gets popular, can you imagine what that would look like? An army of people in Ostrich pillows in an airport terminal (or on an airplane ahaha)…Omg.

7. As strange looking as these things are, they look really comfortable. I would never consider wearing one in public, but maybe I would around my family. Once again, I am fascinated that you constantly find cool inventions to blog about. If I ever see anyone wearing one of these Ostrich pillows, I will now know better than to question their mental state. Very interesting!