Gossip Girl

Now I know most girls have watched and indulged themselves with the television series of Gossip Girl. I unfortunately am not one of those girls. My friends constantly reference this well known T.V. series, and I am always hopelessly lost when they do. I was one of the few girls until about 40 minutes that had never seen an episode of Gossip Girls.

This series takes place at a boarding school. From the pilot episode it seems that the story follows multiple students’ lives, and the secrets they hold. I feel like this is a show that you definitely get attached to the characters and completely divulge into their lives and stories.

Here are just some of the comments seen on Netflix about Gossip Girl:

“ADD SEASON 6!!!!! PLEASE, WE ARE ALL BEGGING, DON’T YOU NOTICE?! C’MON, PROBABLY 80% OF NETFLIX USERS HAVE WATCHED GOSSIP GIRL AND FELL IN LOVE WITH IT, AND THEN YOU ARE JUST CUTTING US OFF? TOTALLY NOT FAIR……..”

“Best TV series I’ve ever watched! I finished the whole series months ago but I can’t stop watching it! I keep watching old episodes because it’s so addicting!! Got my family into it as well!! Recommend it for anybody!! Love the drama, scandals, secrets and romances!! It’s so great!!!”

“Where is Season 6?!?! Please bring us Season 6! I’ve watched the Season, but I started to watch them all over again (because they are a bit addicting). Now I need to finish it off with Season 6 :)”

Thankfully for these viewers the final season of Gossip Girl, season 6, has been added to Netflix.  If you do decide to watch this you will definitely be putting yourself into a longer commitment, one that may not end even after finishing all the seasons, because you will be tempted to go back a re-watch the episodes! You will not be left hanging though, now that all the seasons are up on Netflix.

Now I have not heard of many guys enjoying or even attempting to watch Gossip Girl and from what I have watched so far this seems more of a television series geared toward women. Sorry boys, I will try my best to watch a pilot episode of a show for guys next week.

I agree with the 4/5 stars that Netflix has given Gossip Girl. It does seem like an interesting show, but I also feel like the common idea of it has been overused, and there are a lot of other shows, even on Netflix alone, that you can watch with a similar set up. I am going to reserve judgement though because I have only watched one episode and I know it take more than that to really appreciate and enjoy a television show.

If the show does not seem interesting to you, and you experience the same out of loop feeling that I do when my friends talk about it. I would give it a try, if not for entertainment, then to understand what all the references your friends make mean. 🙂

One thought on “Gossip Girl

1. Christie

I’m not sure if I would ever watch Gossip Girl… I’m more interested in shows like Nikita (badass show, right there!), Psych, Supernatural… shows that seem to have a really small but really hardcore cult following.
    Netflix takes up too much of my life… I haven’t watched it much at all this semester. Too bad. 🙁 This summer I’ll be going on TV binges.