FYE 6-My trip to Bald Eagle State Park

The week started off amazing because of the beautiful weather! It had been almost a week since the sun had shone and it was great to be able to spend the weekend out and about with perfect sunshine. On Saturday, my friends and I wanted to take advantage of the sun and spend the day at the pool. However, when we walked over to the pool, it was unfortunately closed and said it is going to be closed until further notice. We were so upset and wanted to spend the day by the water, so we drove about 30 minutes away to Bald Eagle State Park in Howard, PA, which contains a lake and beach area. Because of all of the rain and the high tide, the sand area was covered with water and the children’s playground was halfway under water! Bald Eagle was one of the most beautiful parks I have ever seen. I am glad my friends and I had the opportunity to spend the day laying out in the sun, especially because we have not had many beach or pool days due to the weather.

Luckily, this week things are winding down homework wise. For the past few weeks, I have rarely had any down time and have been overwhelmed with homework. Last week, I finished my second major speech for CAS100, as well as my interview of color for COMM100. This week, I have my Student Led Lecture for COMM100, which is on the evolution of the video game industry. My group and I are specifically going to focus on women in video games and the impact they have made in the industry within the past couple years. Having never played video games, I think it is going to be interesting to research and learn more about the games because I have never understood the hype.

This week, because I have less assignments than I have in the past few weeks, will give me time to get ahead on work so that I am much less stressed out. Grades are becoming more crucial since summer session is coming to an end, so it is important that I put a lot of effort and give it my all with these next few exams and assignments. It is hard to believe it is almost over. It seems like just yesterday I arrived full of nerves and anxiety. Time really does fly when you are having fun!