Quebec

Many people do not think of Canada when they are thinking of traveling to different countries. However, I think it would be nice to see and experience the different things that Canada has to offer.

The Parc national de la Jacques-Cartier is in Quebec, located 31 miles north of Quebec City. The park aims to protect wildlife in the Laurentian massif, but it also provides many outdoor activities. Some of these activities are hiking, canoeing, kayaking, biking, fishing, rope courses, among other things. Although I have already done some of these things, It would still be fun to do them again, and even more in a new place!

fonde8633928423170625000image22-La-Jacques-Cartier-3EN 20120514-153644-g

Ile d’Orleans is located just 15 minutes from downtown Québec City, and opposite of Montmorency Falls. All it takes is just a drive across the bridge to L’Île d’Orléans, and you arrive at an island where farming and all forms of agriculture thrive year-round and you are surrounded with the  beautiful countryside. Being from the south, I love being in the outdoors and being around animals and nature. So this is someplace I would definitely love to visit. At Ile d’Orleans one can appreciate the old beauty of the historic farms, churches, and heritage homes. Not only that, but one can also visit the many artisans and farm stalls that line the route, as well as pick some of the famous strawberries and apples, in addition to eating freshly baked bread, wines, ice ciders, blackcurrant liqueurs, and other local delicacies.

Ile-dOrleans-winery-Quebec-City-Tourismcheval-ile-dorleansSaint-Pierre-de-l-Ile-d-Orleans

One of the other things that I would like to do while in Quebec is visit the Montmorency Falls Park. This park is 83 miles- which makes it higher than Niagra Falls- and can be seen from all the way across the St. Lawrence River in Lévis! If you wish to do so, you can take a gondola ride or walk the trails to the very top of the falls. In winter, the spray freezes at the foot of the falls to form a huge “sugar loaf,” which would be another amazing sight to see.

montmorency-falls-and-gondola-lingfai-leung

parcdelachute-hiver

montmorrency

Of course there are many more things to experience and see in Quebec but that’s all I have time for right now. So until next week!