RCL #5

Just recently I decided to change the topic of my persuasive essay to the topic of “Yoga should be taught in all high school physical education curriculums.” Additionally, the topic that I have chosen for my advocacy project is the same.

The mode that I have chosen for executing it is by the form of crating a website with a somewhat “health” theme. The focus of this  Advocacy Project is different from that of the persuasive essay because it will be trying to raise awareness of the issue, as opposed to trying to persuade. The chosen mode is particularly useful for my persuasive goals because I think that it will be able to present and deliver the information clearly, organized, and give the audience a sort of feeling of security if they see that the website has a professional and official feel to it.

The main goal of this would be to build awareness of why yoga should be integrated into the curriculum and discuss the benefits of it. I think that yoga is an activity in which many people do not know much about, as well as the fact that there are a lot of misconceptions that are associated with yoga and that is why it is more suitable to make the main goal to raise awareness as opposed to advocate specific audience actions.