Norway Pt. 2

Earlier this semester I wrote a blog post about things to do in Norway in the winter months. This blog post is going to be about stuff to do in the Spring. There are an abundance of activities to do in the spring/summer months, probably even more so than in the winter months.

One activity to do in the warmer months is to go diving. Norwegian waters usually offer great visibility. There are many different types of diving that one can choose from. There is  current diving, wall diving, wreck diving, among others. In addition, there are also the more unique types of diving such as Night diving and diving in kelp forests. To get the very best experience, one must go up north above the Arctic Circle to the Lofoten Islands.

Slideshow12 scd0414_trav01_0

In addition to being able to go scuba diving, Norway is also a popular destination for those who wish to go base jumping. For those who are not familiar with this activity, “BASE stands for Building, Antenna, Span, and Earth. BASE jumpers leap from any and all of these four fixed objects with parachutes designed specifically for rapid deployment. Known around the world as the most extreme of extreme sports.” Preikestolen, Norway is  one of the most visited natural attractions in the country. The sheer cliff is 1982 feet above Lysefjorden fjord, and the top of the cliff is approximately 82 by 82 feet.

Cliff-of-Norway-Preikestolen-The-Preachers-Pulpit-e1369736999193 Norway-e1369736534104 Kjerag-cliff-in-Norway-basejumpers

After all of that excitement and adrenaline it would be nice to go to a spa and just relax a little before the next days activities. The Artesia Spa Grand Hotel offers seven exclusive treatment rooms, including a double treatment room. It also features a stunning swimming pool, steam room, sauna and changing rooms. All treatment rooms have bathtubs for hydrotherapy treatments along with a separate VIP-suite for groups. The spa offers all spa-related treatments as well as an international team of therapists prepared to help with both acute and chronic ailments. Artesia also offers skilled, holistic spa treatments. If that doesn’t sound relaxing I don’t know what does.

grandbasseng22 fra-nicola-021

I am so happy that I got to share my passion with all of you this semester and I hope that we all follow our passion and keep gaining new ones!