Taylor Swift 101- Accomplishments and Legacy

This week, I want to talk about all of Taylor’s greatest accomplishments and records she has set. Since beginning her music career in 2008, she has won 324 awards and been nominated for over 500. Among those awards, she has won:

11 Grammy Awards

8 Academy of Country Music Awards

34 American Music Awards (most awarded female)

23 Billboard Music Awards (most awards ever)

12 iHeart Radio Awards (most awarded female)

68 BMI Awards

11 MTV Awards

13 People’s Choice Awards

BRIT Global Icon Award

Artist of the Decade AMA’s

and more…..

Not only has she won so many of these awards, but she has set may records within those winnings as well. She has become the first female to do so many things, setting an amazing example for her young female audience .I  feel like a lot of people don’t know the true extent to which she has made an impact on the music industry. This is so sad because Taylor has worked extremely hard and fought through so many harsh perceptions of her to get to where she is now.

How Many American Music Awards Does Taylor Swift Have? | POPSUGAR  EntertainmentTaylor Swift Just Won the Most Billboard Awards of Any Artist in the Show's  HistoryTaylor Swift big winner at 2013 Billboard Music Awards | HELLO!

Records Broken:

Most #1s on the Digital US Songs Chart

Longest song to ever reach the number one spot on the Billboard charts

Most viewed music video in the 24hrs

Fastest selling digital album in the US- female

First Artist In US Chart History To Have Seven Singles Debut In The Top 10 Of The Hot 100

Most Weeks At No.1 On Billboard’s Artist 100 Chart

Fastest-Selling Album In The US By A Female Country Artist

and more!

She is so impressive, and I love to see her getting credit for her amazing music. Whether you like her or not, you can’t deny that her success has been incredible. And, besides her music, she has a documentary out on Netflix called “Miss Americana”- named after her song on the Lover album. I highly recommend that everyone watches this documentary because it shows great insight into her life, especially during her toughest times. It shows everything she had to go and is about what it is like to be a woman in the music industry.

Next time you are watching an awards show, keep your eye out for Taylor, she might surprise you!

Comments

1. Lydia, I cannot believe she was won so many awards! 324 is an insane number. She really seems like an inspiration for many people and I’m sure for many singers as well. Thanks for sharing these interesting statistics about Taylor! I’m excited to see what your write about next!

2. This was super cool to learn about, she’s worked incredibly hard and deserves all 324 awards. It’s crazy to think about how started off as a simple country singer but is now one of the biggest artists, and with all those awards and broken records, it’s no wonder so many people look up to her! Excited to read next week’s post!

3. I honestly had no clue that she had such an impact on the music industry. I knew she was a popular artist and I knew she was talented but seeing those pictures with all of those awards really put it into perspective for me. And you’re so right about all the bad rumors and stereotypes she’s gotten. Whenever someone talks about her I’m always ready to defend any possible criticisms. Such an informative post!

Speak Your Mind