CIVIC #1: Chris McCarty

For my civic blog debut, I wanted to highlight pioneer Chris McCarty in advocating for children’s safety and privacy on social media platforms. His website serves as a source of awareness and guidance for parents, educators, and policymakers concerned about the risks children face online. Through his tireless efforts, McCarty sheds light on the dangers […]

Continue reading →

TIB Outline

Introduction Explain why I wasn’t invited to family movie night –  give example: home alone and feeling bad for the “bad” guys Introduce my hypersensitivity and empathy – Examples from childhood: movies/shows, bugs, toys “I believe that experiencing profound emotions is not a bad thing, as long as I extend the same kindness and understanding […]

Continue reading →

RCL2: Passion/Civic Issues Topics

This semester, my passion blog will be focused on the world of book allusions and the interconnectedness within literature. As an English major, this topic not only interests me but also stands to shape my understanding of literature, and will have a meaningful influence on my future academic pursuits. In previous English courses, I’ve discovered that […]

Continue reading →

RCL1: Ideas

In my “This I Believe” speech, I want topics that will represent my identity and the core values that shape my daily life. I narrowed it down to two impactful ideals: the power of empathy and the concept of skimming and diving. While empathy is commonly seen as simply understanding or resonating with others’ feelings, […]

Continue reading →