PAS7: Atonement

Ian McEwan’s novel “Atonement” uses themes of guilt, redemption, and the consequences of actions. Throughout the novel, McEwan employs various literary allusions that enrich the story’s meaning and provide deeper insights into the characters’ motivations and the broader context of the narrative. One of the most prominent allusions in “Atonement” is to Jane Austen’s works, […]

Continue reading →

PAS6: Paradise Lost

After completing my English class reading assignment, I was inspired to explore Paradise Lost further. John Milton, a towering figure of English literature, lived from 1608 to 1674. His works, including Paradise Lost and Paradise Regained, explore profound theological and philosophical themes. Milton’s life was marked by political activism, blindness in his later years, and […]

Continue reading →

PAS5: A Deeper Look at Arcadia

In my second reading of Arcadia, I noticed some allusions I missed. In Tom Stoppard’s “Arcadia,” the allusion to Aesop’s fable of “The Tortoise and the Hare” serves as a metaphorical lens through which the themes of knowledge, time, and human folly are explored. The fable tells the story of a boastful hare who challenges […]

Continue reading →