My Favorite Ted Talk…

This is one of my favorite TED Talks ever. It is so interesting hearing a model that looks are not everything especially because she has so much experience with walking on runways and photoshoots. She explains that the pictures she takes is not her, it is construction of her image. The makeup artists, hairstylists, editors, photographers build an image of a model by themselves. It is so interesting to hear this because we always see the models “perfect” side and people sigh and “wish they could look like her” or “wish they could wear what she’s wearing”. Where in reality, you can. It is simply a social construct where a team puts together a fake image of a model and promote them to be most beautiful.

• For my Ted Talk and paper I will looking at the ways how the innovation of technology throughout the years can effect someones mental health. I will be recognizing the ways how social media has changed through the years and recognizing how it affects people in both negative and positive ways.

2 thoughts on “My Favorite Ted Talk…”

1. This is also one of my favorite TED Talks. I think hearing a models prospective is really refreshing and valuable. It is important that models share this reality with consumers so unrealistic standards are not created.

2. I haven’t seen this ted talk but it sounds super interesting and inspiring. It is refreshing to hear from an expert that looks don’t matter. I think your topic for your essay and speech will be super interesting.