My New Workout Routine

As I talked about before, I love to run. Cardio is a way for me to de-stress and take everything I was worried about before, put it in a box, and lock it away. Though recently, my friend and I have been starting to lift and I have added it into my workout routine. I never was one to lift because I am very gym shy. My friend has been very helpful in making sure I have been keeping the right form and doing each exercise correctly. My confidence at the gym has gotten so much better since I now have a friend to workout with. I also have switched where I workout on campus. Most freshmen do use the IM building because it is very close to East Halls. Even though I am 5 minutes tops away from the IM building I now prefer the White Building. The White Building I think has more room, better machines, and also is less crowded. I highly recommend trying to go to the White Building if you have the chance.  In this blog I am going to be talking about some of my favorite exercises with weights and machines and how to keep the right form so you can try them out and not get hurt. I will be covering one exercise for legs, calves, back, biceps, triceps, and abs.

The first exercise I am going to talk about is the leg press. Leg press is a machine that works when you sit down and push your desired weight away from you. Here is a picture for reference:

Incline leg press exercise instructions and video | Weight Training Guide

The second exercise for your calves is one of my favorites. This exercise is when the weight is on your shoulders and you used your desired weight to push up on your toes to work your calves. Here is a picture I use at the White Building

Machine standing calf raise instructions and video | Weight Training Guide

This back exercise is a killer. Every time I do this exercise, my muscles are working harder than they ever have been. This exercise is called the Back Cable Extension. Your muscles will be so sore after doing this exercise. Here is picture of what is looks like to help you:

How To Do Seated Cable Row (Back) – Fitness Volt

Now, on to the bicep exercise. This is my least favorite exercise because I have a very weak upper body. Though, my goal is to work on it to get it stronger. This exercise is a cable bicep curl. Don’t be afraid to start off at a super low weight and work your way up to what feels comfortable. Here is a picture for reference:

Cable Bicep Curl - Exercise How-to - Workout Trainer by Skimble

Next up, triceps. These are another one of my favorite muscles to work out. I normally will pair a day for triceps and back. That is what works for me best but you can do whatever works for you. This exercise is called the decline Tricep Extension. This exercise uses dumbbells and a bench.

15 Best Tricep Exercises and Workouts of All Time | Men's Journal

Onto my favorite part. Abs. Abs are my absolute favorite muscle to workout. This exercise uses the machine called the Body Vision PT600 Power Tower. Sounds intimidating I know. Basically you raise your knees up to your chest using the machine to prop your forearms and elbows up for stability.

Best Fitness Vertical Knee Raise from Wayfair www.wayfair.com

I hope you get to try out some of these exercises to get you started on your gym journey!!!

2 thoughts on “My New Workout Routine”

1. Another great blog. I enjoy your blogs and how informative they are. I also seem to shy away from lifting when I go to the gym and could defiantly see myself doing these in the future.

2. I really enjoyed this blog and reading about the different ways to work muscles. I also had no I idea the White building was better than the IM building so that was surprising to find out.