The First Timers

Many well-known celebrities made their first ever appearance at this year’s 2021 Met Gala. A celebrity’s first Met Gala is a day many always tend to remember. The audience will judge their outfit, express their opinions, and decide if they feel the certain individual deserves to attend this event next year. The 20 plus new celebrities that attended this years Met Gala were: Timothee Chalamet, Emma Chamberlain, Amanda Gorman, Lil Nas X, Barbie Ferreira, Evan Mock, Maisie Williams, Ella Emhoff, Keke Palmer, Naomi Osaka, Saweetie, Addison Rae, Megan Thee Stallion, Kim Petras, Jordan Alexander, Chloe x Halle, Billie Eilish, Simone Biles, Olivia Rodrigo, Rosalia, Natalia Bryant, Kehlani, Hunter Schafer, Sunisa Lee, and Sha’Carri Richardson. Timothee Chalamet and Emma Chamberlain were my favorite first time celebrities who had unique and unmatchable looks. Met Gala: Emma Chamberlain Wore a Gold Dress With Cutouts

As mentioned previously, Timothee Chalamet was one of this year’s co-chairs as well as this being his first year attending the Met Gala. There have been many contrasting opinions relating to Chalamet’s outfit choice. Chalamet went for a more “comfortable” look, which is unusual for such an event. Personally, I think his look was unique and unexpected. Chalamet wore a white suit jacket, with black accents which was designed by Haider Ackermann. He paired the suit jacket with white sweatpants as well as long white socks. He made this outfit stand out when he decided to wear white high top Chuck Taylors. I can say that I did not expect this outfit from Timothee Chalamet, but I’m pleased he decided to step out of the box.

Emma Chamberlain attended her first Met Gala this year after having a significant influence on the fashion industry. Many look up to this 20 year old YouTuber because of her unique and stylish taste in clothing. Emma Chamberlain has been working with Louis Vuitton in recent years, and even attended fashion week with them. Her dress was designed by Louis Vuitton and contained several unique and daring cutouts. Her dress stood out with gold and silver gems as well as her matching gold hoops and heels. One side of this dress cut off at around her mid-thigh while the other side continued to fall down to the Timothée Chalamet Walked 10 Blocks to the 2021 Met Gala—and Showed Up in  Sweats | Voguefloor. One aspect that stood out to me was her eye makeup. She wore vibrant green eyeliner which seemingly paired well with her dress. Emma Chamberlain always surprises her audience with her outfit choices and this was by far one of my favorite outfits from the Met Gala.

This year’s first timers all had very unique looks with some making the best-dressed list and some doing just the opposite. Emma Chamberlain and Timothee Chalamet’s looks will both be talked about for quite some time. These two are considerably young celebrities who have already attended one of the biggest fashion events in history and have had a positive impact on the fashion industry.

One thought on “The First Timers

1. Hi Madison! I loved reading your blog post this week! For some reason the Met Gala was something I never really got into, but every year when it happens I always get invested in and fascinated by the outfits that everyone wears. Considering the Met Gala is such a large event to cover, I really liked how you narrowed it down and specified it to just the “First Timers”. I didn’t know that this was Timothee Chalamet and Emma Chamberlain’s first time, especially how iconic they are to this generation. I really loved how not only did you include pictures but you really went into every detail of their look. Even with the pictures, you made it really clear on what they wore for those who maybe didn’t see it first hand. It is evident to me through Your passive writing that you have a true passion and interest in fashion, and I loved reading Your blog because it was obvious you enjoyed writing it, which is what these blogs are all about. Great work, and I can’t wait to read more of Your blogs!