Disney x Colourpop: Dreams DO Come True

One thing anyone who knows me could tell you is that I love  makeup.  Another thing I absolutely adore is Disney princesses. It probably has something to do with the glamour and the sparkles and the  fabulous dresses, now that I think about it. That is why when Colourpop announced their most recent collaboration with Disney, I was hysterical. Like Disney always says, dreams DO come true!  Not to dunk on Avengers: Infinity War, but THIS is the real greatest crossover ever.  All I need to live happily ever after is this entire collection- who needs Prince Charming when you have a supershock sparkly eye shadow?

The collection itself will be broken up into several mini collections, each one based on one of the iconic Disney princesses. Tiana, Cinderella, Belle, Snow White, Jasmine, and Ariel will all be featured in the mini collections, and I’m only a little heartbroken that Aurora and Elsa aren’t included. Oh well, guess I have to “let it go”! Each mini collection will include a signature lipstick, a supershock eye shadow, and a lip gloss. The overall collection will include an eye shadow palette and two highlighters.  The entire collection will be available for purchase, or you could buy an individual princess’s collection or the collection of only the lipsticks.

Am I gonna snag one (or all) of these? Of course! The individual princess sets are not that expensive ($18 for a lip gloss, lipstick, and an eye shadow), and the feature palette is $22. I will not be buying the entire collection, because like Cinderella before Prince Charming, I am broke (the entire collection is $126, which, all things considered, is still a great deal) and do not have room for all that makeup. The colors in the collection seem very versatile and wearable- lots of shimmers, golds, pinks, and reds- and I have been dreaming of some new lip glosses for a little while now.  I do have one itty bitty problem, however. Belle is by far my favorite princess (yes, we love a strong woman who reads and stands up for the ones she loves!), but the colors in her collection are a tad too pink for me. Tiana and Snow White have lipsticks that are much better suited for my complexion, and though while I adore Tiana (another independent and fierce woman who doesn’t let anyone stand in her way), Snow White is my least favorite princess. So, I am torn between buying Belle because she is my favorite, or buying Snow White because I want her dramatic red lip color. Decisions, decisions. Maybe I’ll just get Belle and Tiana, and rep the fiercest of them all!

I am expecting great things from this collection. As a self-professed makeup aficionado who also has no disposable income, I am not stranger to Colourpop makeup. Where else can I get super bold, super sparkly lip glosses and eye shadows for under $10? I love their super shock eye shadows: they have great pigmentation and very little fallout, so I can have bright pink eyelids all day (even without primer!). I also love their lip glosses because the formula is smooth and layers well, and is minimally sticky. I am not a huge fan of their lipsticks, however, because the matte formula is drying. I do like the highlighters, even though I use them as eye shadow (shhh!).

Ultimately, this collection is at the top of my To Buy list. I can’t wait until it is released!