Speech Reflection

I feel like I could have done much better on my speech.  When I first got up to start my presentation I became nervous because I was afraid I would not be able to get the power point on the screen.  So during my speech I ended up forgetting to mention all the rhetoric devices I had in my mind for the lyrics, instead of just interpreting them. I feel like if I had my original plan more stuck in my head I would have been able to provide a good rhetorical analysis of each line that I presented. It has been a while since I last gave a speech and I was definitely not ready for this. If we were able to make a practice speech, which was not graded before this, then I feel like I would have understood what I actually had to do.  Also, after hearing other peoples speeches I began to understand more of what I should have focused on. I could have used examples from the textbook to make my speech more impactful. I feel like my introduction was successful by playing the song and having pictures.  The power point was also very helpful for me because I was able to save time by having the lyrics on the screen.  I also felt comfortable standing in front of the group of people it was just the incident with the technology that threw me off.

1 comment

1. John,

Let me just say that I too felt extremely nervous giving my speech. I think it’s normal to feel at least a little anxious unless you’re a professional speaker. I also think that this post did a good job of addressing your speech and the speeches of others. It may have been appropriate to give some specific examples of how you would have revised the content of your speech.