E-Portfolio Ideas

Platform:

Originally, I thought I was going to use Weebly because I have worked with it in the past during high school for a project. I am not very good with technology so I thought it would be easier to stick with what I know. However, after reading the article Wix vs Weebly and looking at past examples of people who used Wix as well as all the themes wix offered, I have come to the conclusion that wix will work the best for me. The article says wix is even easier to use than Weebly and it has a lot of creative freedom, so I hope if I learned Weebly, then I can learn wix!

Possible Content:

While the creative audiences such as grandparents really intrigued me, I think I will go the “basic” route and create a professional e-portfolio for future internships and jobs. If I had to think of a secondary audience, I think this is where it gets a little creative because I want it to be for myself. I have a tendency to always invalidate myself and my accomplishments (even while writing this I’m like well that’s because there’s nothing to validate lol oop), so through analyzing myself and making a portfolio for myself, I hope that it can help me be more confident in my abilities. However, back to the main audience, as I want to work for something environmental-related, the portfolio will definitely have a large focus on my environmental passions. I think tabs such as advocacy, passions, and extracurriculars (like what Nina did) could get the job done. Under advocacy, I could talk about my issue brief and my honors option for a class (which was a climate change survey and I analyzed how many people/ what types of people are concerned about climate change and I am now trying to tie it into education). For passions, I can talk about how I am passionate about trying to live a sustainable lifestyle and inspiring others (my example would be meatless Monday and I can either post pictures of the meals I have made or my civic issues blog where I talk about the importance of it) and potentially my love of art (I did studio art in high school so I have a bunch of pieces I can post) to show I can be creative. For extracurriculars, I am involved in blue band and thon most actively and these can be used to show I have teamwork skills and empathy. These are all subject to change and these ideas were all just what immediately came to my mind.

3 thoughts on “E-Portfolio Ideas”

1. Weebly is the website we all used in highschool before we learned there were better options ahah. I think you have really great ideas for your e-portfolio, and using it to boost self-confidence and to remind yourself of your achievements is amazing! I love the idea of adding a passions tab!

2. I decided to use Wix for similar reasons to you, so I agree with that decision (although it wouldn’t matter much if you chose the other). Also, I know it can be difficult and I know a lot of people who always downplay their accomplishments and quirks, but try not to invalidate your accomplishments! Even the littlest things can go a long way in securing a job/internship, so its always better to include more than you need. Don’t doubt yourself!

3. I love all of your ideas for your e-portfolio! I think sticking with the more “basic” route will be a huge benefit to you in the long run. Once you create this site, it will always be there for you to use for future opportunities. Of course you have to update it from time to time, but I think it’s still a great advantage! Awesome ideas and I am super excited for your e-portfolio! By the way, you are an amazing person and do not be afraid to show other people what you are passionate about! 😊