10/10-10/16

So, sadly (for this blog – not for my general well-being), there has been no standout low this week.

Don’t worry, I can still make an interesting blog. Finding insignificant things to complain about is my specialty. 

It was Sunday night. I went home for the weekend, and I had just gotten back. I was exhausted from driving. 

Complete side note: why does driving make me so tired? I am literally just sitting there. I got so drowsy when I was driving to PSU that I fell asleep at the wheel and swerved onto the rumble strip (which scared me enough that I stayed awake for the rest of the drive). Seriously, sitting and steering has no right to drain me the way it does.Tired Emoji Images – Browse 6,888 Stock Photos, Vectors, and Video | Adobe Stock

Anyways, I was finally back to my home sweet home: Simmons Hall. For reference, my room is on one side of Simmons (on the second floor). The laundry is in the basement, on the other side of the residence hall. I’m not saying walking across a residence hall is a monumental task, but Simmons is pretty big, so it’s a lengthy trek to get to the laundry room. It’s an inconvenience, if you will. 

I gathered all of my dirty stuff from the week. I even went so far as to strip my bedsheets – what was I thinking? I walked down to the laundry room, threw my stuff in the machine and paid to start my load. I just wanted to sit down and enjoy the fact that I was no longer in the car, but I had to wait for my clothes to be done, then I had to fold them, and because I decided to wash my sheets, I would have to remake my bed too. Ugh. 

On top of the general inconvenience of doing laundry, my carelessness added an additional nuisance.

I bring a bag with me when I take a shower so I can put all of my clothes in the bag and I have less to carry back from the bathroom. I leave my shower bag hanging on my bed (but I usually empty it out before I hang it up).

On Friday, before I left to go home, I must have forgotten to empty my shower bag before I hung it up. It was still full of clothes. Normally, that would have been no big deal. But it was laundry day. Everything I wore last week was supposed to get washed, so it would be ready to wear again.

My favorite sweatshirt was in the laundry bag, dirty. I didn’t put it in the wash.

If I didn’t get that sweatshirt into the wash today, I couldn’t wear it until I did laundry again (a whole week). That would be an absolute tragedy. 

“Ok, that’s annoying, but no big deal,” I thought. I had just started my laundry, so I could just put the sweatshirt into my load, right?

I got the sweatshirt out of the bag as fast as I could, ran down to the laundry room, and tried to find the pause button on my machine. There wasn’t one. 

Maybe I could just open the washer and it would stop on its own? Nope. They lock when you start them. There was no way to get my sweatshirt into my load, and I was NOT paying a whole $1.75 for another load of laundry. One sweatshirt is not worth that much lioncash, even if it is my favorite.Premium Vector | Washing machine mascot cartoon in vector

So, in summary, this one laundry event had two negatives. First, it was a general pain to be walking a mile and a half to the basement and doing laundry when I was tired. Second, my load of laundry didn’t even allow me to wear what I wanted to wear (isn’t that the whole point of laundry? You’re supposed to have full wardrobe options right after you do it). 

My high this week is the fall weather. At the very end of last week (before the cold), it was so beautiful outside. I wait all year for the days when it is 60 degrees, the leaves are vibrant colors, and the sun is shining. I know, those days are rare and fleeting when they do come, but they are my favorite time of the year. I feel like we got a decent amount of good fall days this year, and there wasn’t a ton of rain or excessive cold (until now). 

I think the weather gives “fall vibes” that spread into every other part of life. Good fall weather makes me want pumpkin spice everything.

Speaking of pumpkin spice, another high of mine is pumpkin spice cheerios. If you haven’t tried them, go get some. They are so delicious, and they’re the perfect snack to compliment any fall day (but they’re also limited edition, so hurry). 

Cheerios – Brands – Food we make - General Mills

3 comments on 10/10-10/16

1. I completely felt like I was in a conversation this entire blog and just listening to your brain work. The sweatshirt thing about getting it into the wash was so relatable especially when I am thinking about my favorite comfort sweater. In general, I love the relatable aspect of your blog. I really enjoyed reading it!

2. Great job on your post! This was entertaining and humorous to read. Just like you, I’m excited about the fall weather, and it has been very enjoyable this week (for the most part). I am so thankful that the weather is expected to moderate for tomorrow’s White Out Game.