Walking Dead: Everyone is Going Crazy

Since we have not been blogging regularly we have a lot to catch up on since my last post. In case you didn’t know next week is the mid season final (I CAN’T BELIEVE IT?!?!?!?) so I am expecting a pretty exciting episode this Sunday. In my last blog we discussed Lori’s death and how Rick’s reaction was going to affect the group. Basically he threw a little fit and killed a bunch of zombies and then proceeded to talk to dead people on the phone. I would guess he is going a bit crazy. I must give him credit though; despite his insanity the group is doing quite well (aside from Glen and Maggie).  Maggie and Glen have been kidnapped by Merle and taken back to the Governor. In the brutal scenes last week Glen is bludgeoned mercilessly and Maggie is forced to stand topless for the Governor. Ultimately Maggie gives up the group’s location in the prison after they threaten to kill Glen. There is hope though!!! Mischone left the Governors community and escaped the men sent to kill her (suffering only a flesh wound in her leg) and witnessed Glen and Maggie’s kidnapping. She has found the prison and alerted Rick. On a happier note, Darrell found Carol alive but dehydrated deep in the prison. I knew all along that she could not have been dead because we never saw her die. Since we are on the topic of women I would like to discuss Andrea. She is quickly becoming my least favorite character. I literally think that she is clueless. She thinks that she is such a strong and independent woman yet asshole men are constantly manipulating her.  In the first season it was Shane and now it is the Governor. She really needs to stop being so floozy and get her head in the right place. I have a hunch that she is going to die soon; her character is slowly going down the drain. As much as I love this show, it really sheds a bad light on women in general. This week I am anticipating Rick and the group taking over the Governors community, and the Governor taking Rick’s baby when his men find the prison. I am so excited!!!!!!!

Tags: , , , ,

6 comments

1. Bottega Veneta Crossboody Bags

Walking Dead: Everyone is Going Crazy | Maria's Rhetoric and Civic Life Blog

2. buy amazon reviews

3. The portrayal of women thing is interesting to talk about. You see this theme of subordinate women even in the first season when they were camped outside of Atlanta and all the women were doing the laundry and cleaning. I wonder if this reflects the views of the director of the show of how women SHOULD be or if it reflects how he/she thinks women WOULD be like in the case of the end of the world business. But its clear that the women subordinate to the men has been a prominate theme throughout all the seasons so far

4. The mid-season finale is shaping up to be an awesome episode, I can’t wait! There’s so much going on right now in the show and I think your prediction about next week is right – it should be an awesome episode!

5. A new character will be introduced sunday. His name is Tyrone or something like that 😀

6. Kristen Laubscher

I totally agree about the portrayal of women. Although there are some scenes that show them killing zombies and contributing to the group, characters like Andrea make me so frustrated. She is absolutely clueless and that bothers me since she’s in such a serious situation…it’s a zombie apocalypse! I’m excited for this week’s episode too 🙂