Bucket Hats

Another fad that’s been hitting PSU pretty hard are bucket hats. This sounds a little weird at first, because these hats are typical worn by old men going fishing, but somehow the frat boys of Penn State have managed to make bucket hats a cool fashion trend. Boys tend to dress pretty silly when going to parties on Saturday days, and wearing bucket hats has become a sort of “daylong trend”. I thought it would be funny this past weekend to dress like a typical frat boy and wear a basketball jersey and a camouflage bucket hat. It seemed to be a hit, and most boys thought it was hilarious. I even ordered a bucket hat the other night that is hilarious with hamburgers and cats all over it. Maybe bucket hats aren’t necessarily “fashionable” but they’re definitely making statements on the heads of frat boys (and yours truly) at parties over the weekends.

imgres-2

One response to “Bucket Hats

1. It’s funny that you mention bucket hats as “old people” hats, because the Penn State bucket hat I have is actually my Nana’s hat that she used to wear. I was a little self-conscious wearing it at first, but I love it and wear it to every game!