“The happiest people don’t have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything.” –Unknown

This quote, in particular, I hold really close to my heart. When my family and I went through our “big” move to Connecticut, we often looked at this quote for comfort. After the couple of months I’ve been here, I find myself looking for direction and referring to this quote to find it. Sometimes, there are situations that are out of our control. Also, sometimes there are decisions we make that we can’t go back and change. A recent decision I made, that will impact the next four years of my life, I’m afraid was the wrong one. I keep looking back and wondering “what if.” What if I chose another decision, would I be happier? Or would I be just as confused? After the numerous questions I asked myself, that I knew could not be answered, I came across this quote. I made the decision I did for a reason. Although it may not feel right at the moment, I can’t dwell on the “what ifs.” I have to simply take the situation, and make the best out of it. That’s what the happiest people do, right? They make the best out of the worst. In the end, they are happy. I think we are all meant to find our happiness, and sometimes there is no easy way there. Sometimes it takes a few bad decisions in order to get to the good ones. I believe that this is all apart of life and we can either take it or leave it. While most of us take it, we wind up finding that maybe our bad decisions were the right ones all along. One day, I hope to look back on the decision I previously made and be happy that I made it. Until then, I’m going to keep on taking life day by day and make the best of everything I am dealt with now.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

3 Responses to “The happiest people don’t have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything.” –Unknown

1. pal5154 says:

I totally love this quote!! I can relate to it perfectly in life right now. I live off campus an is a pain o get to and from, I have to make my own meals, and not to mention clean. I don’t mind doing any of these things really but I don’t have the time I need to do them. Like your quote says, I’m just making the best of what I can do in every situation, whether its taking the bus one day or making my meals in advance for the week.

2. keg5384 says:

I love this quote! I do quotes for my passion blog too and I found one that I almost did this week that I really like that sort of relates to your situation, “Don’t stumble on something that is behind you.” It made me think about some recent bad decisions or bad times but also made me think how ridiculous it is to dwell on it. I totally agree with you and I hope you find it was the right decision for you. Really good post and very relatable!

3. mls6058 says:

I’m really glad you chose this quote to write about! I love how personal you make it and how you talk yourself through different situations based on the quotes you find. I personally have also struggled with some decisions I make and I constantly think, well, I just have to make the best of where I am at now. In that aspect we think similarly. It’s also refreshing to get new outlooks and opinions on different situations in someone’s life. Good post!