“Someone else is happy with less than what you have” –Unknown

In this day in age, I feel like our society has been consumed with technology. I constantly go to dinner and see people texting, playing on iPads/iPhones. It’s a shame that this has become such a huge part of the culture we live in. The worst part about it is, we have grown up around it and therefore it doesn’t even seem like a problem to most of us this age.

I really liked this quote because I feel like people think that material things can buy them the happiness they are looking for. It also reminded me of the movie “The Pursuit of Happiness” with Will Smith. For those of you that have not seen the movie, it is based on a true story of a man named Christopher Gardner. This man invested in something called the “Bone Density Scanner” and he believes that it will sell. Unfortunately, he invests his family’s savings into this and it is unsuccessful. With his life leaving him, and his house being evicted, he finds that him and his son are at times living on the streets. All they have is one another, as this man gets a job as a stockbroker and is determined to get by through this and through his hope. I believe this movie correlates with this quote because they had nothing. All the man had been his son but soon he found something else, and that was hope. The hope that this man held onto led him to being happy, even though they really had nothing.

I appreciate this quote personally; because I don’t believe anyone should be anything short of happy. Even if they don’t have everything that they want, I believe it is important for people to see that they may have all they need. I think that if more people thought about this quote, maybe the world wouldn’t be so materialistic as it is right now.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.