“A bird sitting on a tree is never afraid of the branch breaking, because her trust is not on the branch but on it’s own wings. Always believe in yourself” – Unknown

I really liked this quote for multiple reasons. First of all, I feel like it is a quote that I don’t usually use. Usually, my quotes are famous and have been heard frequently. This one in particular was one that I found my mother post on her Facebook. Since it’s her birthday today, March 27th, I thought that it would be a good idea to use a quote that she really likes.

I had to read this quote a few times to understand all of the hidden meanings behind it. The first meaning I took from it was to have trust in people. This part was displayed through the line “a bird sitting on a tree is never afraid of the branch breaking.” After reading more, I realized that this quote also meant that you have to not only trust others, but also trust yourself. This was displayed in the part that read, “because her trust is not on the branch but on it’s own wings.” The last part of the quote, “always believe in yourself” ties all three of these meanings together. I really liked that there was three parts to this that I noticed personally. I feel that a good quote always has more than one message, without being too length. I think that if everyone would trust others, themselves, and have faith in their own abilities then much more would be conquered to make this world a positive place.

I can easily understand why my mother posted this quote to Facebook and made it her cover photo. She always tells my little sisters and I that we should never back down, and always have trust in one another and ourselves. This is one of the many things I’ve learned from my mom, and I hold it close and remember it whenever I have any kind of doubt.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.