“The joy is in the journey.” –Unknown

This quote has a lot of meaning to me. As I mentioned in previous blogs, my family moved to Connecticut. I take this move as a journey, one that I will always remember. I also realized, just recently, that a journey could mean anything. It could mean a vacation, a move, or even a simple walk with friends. In the end, I have also learned that a journey has much more value then simply making it to the destination.

Just recently, I have had the opportunity to meet the most amazing people. Meeting these people just helped make my journey through Penn State that much better. I find that everything happens for a reason, and that I didn’t meet any of these people by accident.

When getting a job at Metro downtown, I didn’t know what to expect. I didn’t know if the girls would like me, or if I would fit in well. Turns out, the girls  I work with are always the ones I call when I need something. They are all much older than me, some have graduated and some are going through grad school right now. Because of this, they have transportation resources and advice I couldn’t give myself. I really don’t know what I’d do if I didn’t have these girls by my side.

In one of my classes, I met someone on the cheerleading team. I cheered basically my whole life but stopped for an injury. Because I met this person, however, I started going to gymnastics and getting back into the swing of cheerleading. It brought so many happy memories back for me. I learned that I don’t need to be competitive in something that I love, I can simply practice and have fun with it.

I see Penn State as a journey, graduating is the destination. This quote is so short, but holds so much meaning. I can’t believe the people I’ve met here so far and the opportunities I have had. This journey is going to be one I remember and one that’ll be far more joyful then leaving.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.