Introduction Post: Trenton Wright

Hi My Name is Trenton Wright and i am a junior majoring in Broadcast Journalism with a minor in RPTM. I am from Carlisle PA and went to a branch campus my first two years (Penn State Mont Alto) where i played baseball and soccer. I am mostly taking this course to satisfy a GQ, however sustainability is a lot more interesting than your typical math course. I am a big sports fan, so anyway i can relate the two is helpful for me to learn. There our more and more sports organizations starting to release ideas and programs to go greener around their cities, stadiums and facilities. I think it is important for professional sports organizations to start to care more about the environment and show people around the sports world that caring about the well being of our environment is important. The more national spotlight the issue receives the better.

http://environment.yale.edu/news/article/olympian-jill-savery-fuses-sustainability-and-sport/

This entry was posted in Introduction. Bookmark the permalink.

1 Response to Introduction Post: Trenton Wright

1. kjh5621 says:

Hey Trenton, it’s nice to meet you! I’m from a backwoods area near Carlisle, but I think what you said about sports teams highlighting issues is spot on. There are millions of people that follow sports teams and for those teams to pick up the torch on these important issues would help our planet so much in the long run!