This week marks the beginning of the third and final blogging period. The instructional team has not yet reviewed and fixed the grades for blogging period 2, but simply based on the number of posts it is clear that many of you will need to take advantage of the way the scoring system works to raise your blogging grades in this final period. We had a good discussion about blogging in class last Wednesday and the handout from that session is available here if you missed it.
For this week my suggested theme is “Probability in the Media”. Find a media item (a news article, a YouTube clip, a web page, whatever) that uses probability in relation to an environmental theme, and analyze the ideas using the concepts that we have discussed in class (conditional probability, payoffs, expectations and so on).
Remember that, as always, the theme is only a suggestion. You are welcome to post on any relevant topic, including one of the earlier suggested themes. Here is a list of those:
- Blogging theme week 10 (3/22/2015)
- Blogging for Week 9 (3/15/2015)
- Blogging Theme Week 8 (2/28/2015)
- Blogging Theme Week 7 (2/21/2015)
- Blogging Theme Week 5 (2/9/2015)
- Blogging Theme Week 4 (2/1/2015)
- Blogging Theme, week 3 (1/25/2015)
- Blogging theme, week 2 (1/17/2015)
- Blogging Theme Week 1 (12/20/2014)