Assignment 4: Keystone Pipeline

Topic:In my piece, I will discuss the benefits and negatives of the Keystone Pipeline. I will also talk about the history and political implications of the pipeline.

Audience: Anyone looking to learn more about the much-discussed Keystone Pipeline.

Source 1: BBC “Keystone XL pipeline: Why is it so disputed?” November 6, 2014-The article gives an in-depth history of the Keystone Pipeline and why it is so controversial. It answers the major questions surrounding the pipeline.

Source 2: Sen. John Hoeven “Why we need the Keystone oil pipeline” February 24, 2012-The article is written by a Republican senator who is strongly in favor of the pipeline. He lays out why it is necessary for the United States to permit the pipeline to be constructed, including less oil imports, more jobs, and more money for the US.

Source 3: NRDC “Stopping the Keystone XL Pipeline“- This is from an environmental protection group. The website details why the pipeline is a bad idea and would be detrimental to the environment.

Conclusion: Based on the research, it is not in the best interest of our country and environment to allow the construction of the pipeline.

This entry was posted in Student Writing Drafts. Bookmark the permalink.