Billie Eilish’s “Happier Than Ever” Tribute Concert to Los Angeles

19 year old singer/songwriter Billie Eilish recently released the trailer for “Happier Than Ever: A Love Letter To Los Angeles”, a filmed tribute concert in her hometown of Los Angeles. The concert is in celebration of her newest album, “Happier Than Ever”, which is to be released on July 30th. Filmed at the Hollywood Bowl, Billie, her brother Finneas, the Los Angeles Children’s Choir, guitarist Romero Lubambo, and orchestra arrangements by David Campbell created an immersive virtual concert of sorts in collaboration with Disney Plus. Billie Eilish Teases Happier Than Ever Disney+ Concert Film

The trailer features her newest song “NDA” and shows clips of the concert in action. At one point, there is a close up of Billie that quickly changes between her and a cartoon version of herself. This can lead fans to think that there will be cartoon clips between songs that tell her love story with Los Angeles. There was not much visible in the trailer that gives away any hints to what the show will be about, but I have a feeling it will touch hearts. Her collaboration with Disney will create an experience unlike any other.

I have been following her and her music for the past few years and I am beyond excited for the release of her new album and now this new Disney Plus special. Her last album, “When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?”, tells a story and listeners can feel the rollercoaster of emotions as the playlist goes on. This definitely seems to be a trend in her songwriting, as her newest album’s song titles have a similar idea. Her songs “NDA” and “Therefore I Am” are back to back tracks and already, the two tell a story.

Billie Eilish cancels her 'When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?' world  tour

The concert, I’m assuming, will feature some, if not most, of the songs from “Happier Than Ever” and her other popular songs from her previous album or EP, “Don’t Smile At Me”. She typically includes some of her favorites in the lineup as well, so I’m expecting to see some of those as well.

This virtual concert will definitely be a unique performance and I can’t wait to see what surprises Billie and her team have for fans. Watch “Happier Than Ever: A Love Letter To Los Angeles” when it airs September 3rd, 2021 on Disney Plus.

Click below to watch the trailer!