Welcome back to another edition of Mike’s Misfortunes! I know you horrible people missed me last week, but we are back and worse than ever with Mike’s latest encounter. Unfortunately for Mike, you are in for a good story this week my readers.

Mike’s new conquest began ordinarily with Mike spotting a petite brunette in his eDesign class. For once, fate was on Mike’s side as the radiant Rachel took a seat right next to him. His gears started turning trying to scheme up a plan to introduce himself to Rachel. Again, he was favored by the Relationship Gods when Mike’s professor said, “Okay, class, we’re going to work on a group project.” Two strokes of luck in one class!

via Gfycat

Group project in the rear view mirror, Mike and Rachel still Snapchatted occasionally. They hadn’t seen each other (except for eDesign on Tuesday’s and Thursday’s) until Mike was going to a social gathering on Glen Street. Rachel asked Mike for something fun for her and her friends to do, and Mike strategically sent her directly to him. The two hung out together for the first time in a non-school related setting, talking and dancing the night away. It was like a scene straight from Another Cinderella Story (ix nay on the mask). Unfortunately, Rachel’s friends wanted to cut the night shorter than either of them would have preferred. Fortunately, their next hang out was in the near future.

The next day Rachel came over to Mike’s dorm for to meet his friends. She seamlessly fit into his friend group laughing late into the night. By the time she wanted to go back to her dorm, it was the eerie hours of the night. Mike, being the gentleman he is, realized Rachel could not walk to her place alone, so he walked her all the way to West campus without even a kiss.

via GIPHY

The next night Mike finally got his first kiss with Rachel. She had come back to Mike’s dorm again, but this time they skipped the formalities. Rachel was perfectly fine with leaving Mike’s friends in the dust and spending with Mike without the distractions of other people. With West campus a mile away, Rachel spent the night at Mike’s. Mike felt like he could have something real with Rachel.

As we all know, my ending paragraphs are always when tragedy strikes. When Mike saw a Snapchat from Rachel the next morning, he felt butterflies in his stomach. He opened a long message from Rachel with one general message: “I’m sorry, Mike. I just feel like I could do better.” Of course, there were a few, “you’re such a nice guy”‘s and “you’ll find someone else”‘s thrown in, but Mike knew what Rachel meant.

Personally, I feel this story as a whole might be more tragedy than comedy. Nonetheless, I hope you all found some humor in Mike’s most recent adventure. Until next week!

4 thoughts on “Really, Rachel?

1. This is my first time reading your blog, and I love it!!! I wanted to keep reading and I can’t wait for next week’s post. This is so awful and hilarious all at once, and wow, I feel really bad for Mike. I love how creative and engaging your blogs are, and it was overall a really good idea to write about.

2. RIP Mike. This is pretty depressing. I appreciate the fact that this man has the stones to continually shoot his shot. I mean eventually it’s gotta work out right? He can’t go on being rejected forever. But what happens when Mike finally lands a girlfriend? Does this blog become a celebration? All interesting questions. We may never know if Mike keeps getting shut down.

3. Some of these blog posts physically hurt to read by the end I hope you know, not in a way that like it’s written poorly, but more so in the way that I feel Mike’s residual embarrassment.

4. I usually get a kick out of reading this blog and laughing at the unlucky Mike, but the way she let him down was brutal. I’m curious to see how he bounces back from that one. Poor Mike ):