Recreation of Iconic Kobe Bryant 2001 Finals photo

The photo I decided to use for my recreation is an iconic photograph of Kobe Bryant after he won the 2001 NBA Finals. I would like to give a little background to why I chose this picture and what it means.

I have had a poster of this picture in my room since 4th grade and I pretty much look at it every time I wake up at home, because it looks right at me. Someone might ask… Why does Kobe look so sad even right after winning an NBA championship? Kobe looked so sad because right before this photo he had a falling out with both of his parents because of his decision to marry a Latina women. It shows how much it affected him and could possibly be one of the reasons why Kobe was so motivated and wanted to win.

For this picture, I went into the bathroom in my dorm and had my roommate take a bunch of different photos from different angles. I also messed with the exposure on the camera to try to relatively match the lighting of the original photo with Kobe. I also added the knee tape and right hand pinky tape to match what Kobe was wearing. You can not see the jersey, because it is blocked by my NBA Finals trophy constructed of a basketball and a bottle of Pantene shampoo, but the jersey is a Kobe Bryant jersey from when he played in the McDonalds All-American game in high school. I attempted to make the darkness of the jacket he had on by putting on a sweatshirt underneath my jersey. Also, the different angles of the photo were very important to match up with the shower and how I wasn’t directly looking at the camera. I also used my computer to edit the brightness and composure to get it as close as possible to the real picture.