Trying out different food spots around campus-FYE

After being in State College for a few weeks now, I have had the opportunity to really adventure the campus and the downtown. I have eaten food at many different places that people have told me to try and I have even discovered some really good places on my own. There is one specific restaurant that I think is a hidden gem, and not many people talk about it. You will find out soon what that restaurant is.

After many trips downtown for food, I have tried a variety of different restaurants. Starting with El Jefe’s Taqueria. I have been to El Jefe’s a few times now and I enjoy it each time I go, and I have even tried multiple different things on the menu. The first and second times that I went I got a burrito and both times it was very good, but the next few times I went I got a burrito bowl and that is my favorite thing on the menu. I put all sorts of different toppings in my bowl and it is absolutely delicious. Also, one time I went my friend got nachos with queso on top, and their queso is amazing. The next place I love is D.P Dough, they have really good calzones and there are lots of different flavors to choose from. My favorite is just a regular cheese calzone and I dip it in marinara sauce. Another really good place that I have visited is canyon pizza. To be completely honest, this was not that good. It was pretty poor quality pizza and wasn’t extremely hot after it was heated up, I had a leftover slice and it tasted better than when I got it in the shop. Another restaurant I went to was Chipotle, I’ve had Chipotle many times before and it never disappoints. It was a very good meal.

Finally, the last place that I have visited so far was Local Whiskey. I have only good things to say about this restaurant because the whole experience was really good. Everything from the service to the food was amazing, it was overall a 10/1o dining experience. I ordered the chicken sandwich and I though it was delicious and would highly recommend people to go to Local Whiskey if you ever need a bite.

I am super excited to try many more new places in State College and I am ready to keep adventuring.